Friday, May 22, 2009

More Good Byes


Our computer still isn´t completely repaired which makes it so that i can´t upload photos, but...when i get the chance i will upload pics to go with these last few blog posts. This week has been full of good byes and tears.
On Monday i had my last FHE with my grandparents here. (the senior missionaries)They had a dinner for me, with lasagna, and garlic bread, yummy green salad, and fruit!!! it was so much fun to be relaxed with them, all the people i love.
After dinner we had our lesson, which i prepared. I played them the song off of Wicked "For Good" and i told them that because i had known each one of them my life has been changed "for good". we all cried, and then each of my sweet friends went around and told me all these neat things about me. i was so touched.
I am truely so grateful for them in my Ecuador experience. i love them each so much! just like grandparents! they said that when i get married i have to bring the lucky guy around to each of their houses, so that they can each individually approve of him! Hermana G. told me that i can´t settle with anyone who loves me less than they do, because if i do, he´s not worth it at all! they also told me it shows a great deal of who i am that here i was all the way in ecuador and i chose to hang out with them, away from the sins and tempations of the world. Elder Ward told me that i had a testimony much more mature than an 18 year old, and that i will go far.
you can kinda see why i was so touched right?


Yesterday i met up with Janet and Rose two friends from institute. they are sweet hearts and really became great friends to me while i was involved in institute here. we went out to get yogurt and pan de yuca, and then they gave me a CD with ecuadorian music, like the wind flutes and such but with songs from movies. the title is "you´ll be in my heart", and they will be Janet and Rose, two beautiful daughters of God, and my spirit sisters for eternity!

This goodbye stuff, is super tough, but i will forever be grateful for my friends that i have here in Ecuador!!!!

Emily

1 comment:

famous father said...

Like i said in my email last night this week will be so full of so many emotions! I guess I didn't think that the past week has been so much that way for you as well! Treasure every moment! Gosh, i am crying already! Love you so much!Let me know if there is anything I can do for you...well from 5000 miles away!