Saturday, February 14, 2009

Feliz Dia De San Valentin

Good Morning! And Feliz Dia de San Valentin! Well I just couldn´t wait to blog all my fun stories, and I FINALLY HAVE A CAMERA! So I hope you guys enjoy all these fun pictures, make sure also to check out facebook if you have it because I uploaded tons on there too! I know the pics won´t really be in order, but…I will describe each one in detail so that you aren´t confused! Monday afternoon my Valentines package came from home, and inside it was a new camera!!! I was sooooooooo excited! They hid the camera in a tootsie roll package, which I must admit was a sneaky idea! I was sooo pumped. I couldn´t wait for an opportunity to take new pictures, and to show you guys… I really have missed uploading pictures on my blog…
Ok so as I mentioned before, I cut my hair and died it darker, this first picture is a long awaited demonstration of what it looks like now? What do we think? I think the next time I go in I will put a little more stack in the back, but it´s been fun and a nice change…as for the darkness…well let´s just say, I am a true blonde! And I miss it! haha
I finally went back to school this week, on Thursday! All I can say is, well…it´s about dang time! It was nice to be back in school…not that I just LOVE classes, but because it was nice to finally have something to do. Friday (yesterday) we had a big Valentines day program at school. We got out of classes at ten and had a three hour fiesta on the patio…there were games of all kinds, a talent show, booths to buy roses, and chocolates, a carcel de amor (jail of love) and my all time favorite a Matrimonio booth. (marriage) you could get married for 50 cents! Nick Spellburg asked me to marry him, it was quite romantic let me tell you, they had a judge, marriage certificates, and cute little plastic rings. We sealed it with a kiss on the cheek and some awesome pictures! So that was my first marriage, Mrs. Nick Spellburg on February 13, 2009.

After school I went to Mega Maxi to buy ingredients to make Valentine Sugar cookies. While wondering around the store aimlessly I ran into Luis and Gino. They shopped with me for a good hour as we tried to find all the crazy ingredients to make sugar cookies, it was so fun! They are such good friends. I came home and started to make some cookies, so that I didn´t have them all to make this morning, I made two different receipes, because well…once again I lost my moms so I had to search on line for another one and couldn´t decide which was better…one called for Baking soda, and the other called for baking powder…I still can´t tell what the difference is?! Haha.
Now for the next part of my valentine celebrations…there was an institute dance at the institute building last night, and I went! My first institute dance, and not to mention in Ecuador. When I left the house it was pouring rain, so by the time I got to the institute building I was freezing cold, and soaking wet! Well I met up with my friend Jackie who taught me how to dance, salsa, marengue, rigaton, etc.etc. well then they did this whole “marriage thing” and I was chosen to get married…again! So at 11:30 last night I got married for the second time in one day, this time to Señor Manolo Torres! It was great, but imagine his broken little heart when I broke it to him that I had already gotten married once already that same day! Haha. But he says that because we got married in institute our marriage is bound to be better…haha.
Now there is a story behind this. You see he´s always been in the institute building the same time as me, but he teaches the New Testament class so we aren´t in the same class, but he´s always super nice to me. And it was kinda because of him I decided to go to the institute dance in the first place, because I was like well at least there will be one nice guy, and I think he´s kinda handsome. Well i´ve been going to institute with my friend Jackie who lives with in walking distance of my house, and we just take the bus together…well she was planning on meeting me there and then we were going to go home together before the Ecovia was closed up for the night. Well I was dancing with Manolo and she came up to me and she was like we are just going to go home with my brother so that we can stay longer, and I was like ok no big deal. Well after she left Malolo was like, you do realize that Jackie is my Little sister?! And I just about died…here this whole time, i´ve become great friends with these two people and had NO idea they were related, let alone siblings!!!!
During the dance, I also danced with my other friend Fransico. And he asked me out on a date tonight, I was so excited! After the dance we all piled in Malolo´s car and decided that a true marriage celebration called for the finest dining in all of Quito…so we headed up to this famous hot dog stand. Jackie told me that people come from all over the city just to get these famous hot dogs at this all night hot dog stand! And it was true, cars and people lined the streets for miles just to wait in line to get hotdogs! However, they were pretty good, that´s for sure!
This morning I woke up early to finish my sugar cookies in true Lori Zilles style. I must admit they look like my mom did them, all pink and perfect. And not to mention I made cute little heart valentines to go along with each persons plate… Today in true valentine Emily fashion I have two dates, one in the morning and one tonight…(how does that happen!) haha…so I am sure this will be one of those blogs that is to be continued….
However I wish you all a fabulous beautiful and wonderful Valentine’s day!
Love
Emily!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! i am so impressed with your cookies!!!! They truly are beautiful! What did your family think of our tradition of eating cookies for breakfast? Staci thought that it was a little odd but she didn't mind eating one for breakfast on Friday! Because... believe it or not I knew the only chance to make mine would be on Thursday night, so I finished at midnight on Thursday! and hid them! I was pretty impressed with myself! Don't know about anyone here... it just isn't the same without you! No one else is a spaz like me about stuff like that! Your marriages.... well I will have to think about that! Love ya! MOM

Anonymous said...

Two dates in one day! Wow Em, I'm truelly impressed. I remember recently reading on facebook that you couldn't remember how to flirt. I don't think I believe that anymore. Love you and hope everything goes well. Your new hair cut is super cute.

p.s. I have two dates today too ;)

Whitney said...

Em-
You little hussy. Marrying two boys in one day!! WOW!! Just kidding. I am doing good it is way fun to keep in touch with you. I will try to keep mine more updated. You are more than half way done. Wahoo!! I love your haircut and color. However no matter what your hair color is you and I will always be blonde through and through. Love ya tons!!

Melanie said...

those cookies look delish! You'll have to tell me where this famous hot dog place is. I wonder if they have Chicago Style hot dogs... those are the BEST! I guess it's a good think I didn't ask you to babysit Owen on Valentine's day since you had some hot dates!

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

Just so you know, baking soda & baking powder are pretty similar...you can actually substitute them for each other if need be. loves!