Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Big Blog of Zoe-isms

When I came to Ecuador, i didn´t quite know what to expect…but I for sure wasn´t expecting for my best friend to become a fifteen year old hyperactive liberal Chicagoan. Zoe and I met at the Chicago Airport, on our way to Quito. We knew we were destined to become friends from the second she said, “Hey you´re wearing my shirt…” we sat next to each other on the plane here, and we talked non-stop. We clicked from day one. Zoe and I have had many many memories while here. Zoe and I along with Gabi have embraced this dream of ours, and really reached for the stars. We´ve held eachother close when we´ve been sooo homesick we couldn´t stand it, we´ve laughed our heads off over silly silly things that will never make sense to any one else but us. We´ve accidently drank alcoholic beverages...
We´ve hopped on busses, not knowing where we´ll get off, and we´ve walked for hours looking for a mall that we just knew was around the next corner..or the next…or the next…We´ve dodged traffic, while holding hands and running across the road and screaming, and we´ve helped each other with homework…(that´s a long story….) we´ve made cookies at midnight, and stayed up late hours in to the night talking…all three crammed in one bed. We´ve ran around department stores trying to find the ugliest outfits in the mean time annoying the dressing room ladies, we´ve gone to the Cinemark three times to see one movie…(you really don´t want to know…). We´ve hiked up and down muddy hills, we´ve belted out Wicked songs at the top of our lungs, and we´ve been there for eachother through it all. Including getting robbed…four times. Zoe would always know when I was in a taxi, because i´d call and ramble about who knows what. And then there was always Gabi, who kept Zoe and I level headed. You see the three of us were like sisters from day one, and I think all of us thought that we would never be separated.

However like most things in life, all good things must come to an end. Zoe was only here for a semester program, and she left this past weekend. It was a weird feeling for Gabi and I, as we watched her pack up her two huge suitcases, and set off. In a way, I was nervous to let her go…my little Zoe out to face the world by her self, and then also it was like we all felt a piece of us go. And so in memory of Zoe, Gabi and I have created this blog post…

Zoe always said silly things…and we´ve decided to share them with all of you.
• “Emily, are you surepositive about that?”
• “Gabi I think I am going to go buy the High School Musical SoundtracT”
• “What do you mean Idaho doesn´t have Block parties?! How do you survive!?”
• “Um…Emily…I don´t know how to make Mac and Cheese…are you sure I don´t put all the ingredients in at once?”
• “um…I don´t feel like going to school today, so…i´m just not! What are they going to do about it…send me home?!”
"Gabi, fix it!"


• “oh, if I only had a brain….”
• “I´m pretty sure my lit teacher hates me, so I am going to stay far far away.”
• “Emily, I got off when I saw the budget sign…except for it think it was only a billboard….because I walked a good hour”
• “so…I got on a bus…and then, the craziest thing happened…a block later, I got off!”

• “I prefer my pizza with just tomatoes please….”
• “ya huh”, “nu uh”
• “Because we´re sisters, we stick together….”
• “if I were the king…of the forest….”
• “I just don´t understand…..”
• “what kind of country is this?!?!”

• “Izquierda…I mean derecha…I mean…I DON´T KNOW….!?”
• “when I get back to the states...”
• “and then i´d sit, and think some more….”
• “but…i´m only 15…”
• “Emily, for your wedding….please wait till I can drive there….”
• “Because I knew you, I have been changed…for good.”
• “….so….yeah”

Of course there are many many more, however Gab´s and I just can´t think of them right now. Although we miss her, we´re both truly grateful for the influence Zoe had on both of our lives. We´re already planning a transcontinental reunion, and we can´t wait to all be together again. We love you Zoe, and good luck with everything….ps we haven´t heard from you! “What is that!”
Love,
Emily and Gabi

2 comments:

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

I am so in Chicago right now!!

Zoe said...

I just wrote on your facebook wall!!!!!
Awesome blog post, only you didn't write the king of the forest right. Its more like
"If I were the king of the forrrrrrrrrest."
lol

Ok, well, I love you guys too. Its really wierd being back in my old life, without you there. Also, I decided that you don't need to wait to get married until I am old enough to drive, because Gabi can just pick me up from Missouri. Its on the way.....sort of. Although my mom thinks that we should just take a plane....which might be cheeper with the gas prices these days, but I think it would be more fun just to have a road trip.

And you forgot the zoeism about calling collect.
lol